Who should attend?
This course is open to anyone considering volunteering or working overseas for global development (both short-term and long-term).
What is covered?
This participatory one-day workshop covers the following topics:
- An introduction to development
- The role of the volunteer/development worker
- Motivations and expectations for volunteering
- Types of volunteering opportunities available
- Possibilities for getting involved in global development from Ireland
What does the course achieve?
- A space for people who are considering volunteering overseas to meet, explore & discuss the issues informally
- An introduction to development issues
- An opportunity to consider critical perspectives on volunteering and to reflect on good practice in overseas volunteering
- An opportunity to meet with recently returned volunteers and development workers
How much does it cost?
€15 Comhlámh member/student or unwaged
€30 non-member (waged)
(Lunch, tea and coffee included)
Previous participants have said:
“Valuable and interesting”
“I found the group interaction excellent. It was great to listen to other peoples views on development issues”
When and where?
12th November, 9.45am – 5pm at The Space, Áras na Mac Léinn, NUI Galway
How can I book?
To book your place please complete the online booking form.
This course is run by Comhlámh, the Irish Association of Returned Development Workers and Volunteers. Comhlámh campaigns, informs and educates on issues of social justice, human rights and global development.